Sunday, October 29, 2017

ASSUMPTION OF GUILT

On the day before the possible revelation of the identity of someone who has been indicted, by a Grand Jury, I, too, am trying to guess who it will be.  Although  I think that the most probable candidate is Paul Manafort, on a charge unrelated to the Russian conspiracy matter, the thought has occurred to me that it could also be Donald, Jr., who by virtue of releasing his emails, has provided a prima facie case, for attempted collusion, to Mueller, in which case he may be tempting Trump to exercise his pardon power thereby  assuring legal assumption of guilt if Junior accepts the pardon.

5 comments:

  1. I suppose we'll have to wait until at least tomorrow to see how it all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And? As long as there’s no accountability with pain ... prison, bankruptcy ... acknowledgement of guilt by acceptance of pardon means nothing. Corruptive/corrupted minds don’t care as long as they’re able to get away with it. Only the littl3 guy is asked to live by morality ... and that’s been throughout the ages. I could get vulgar ... but, your poor followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vulgarity! Oh, my tender ears! Please no!(tongue firmly planted in cheek) Bad enough that the Christian Right is corrupting our morals ....

      Delete
    2. Susanna:

      I can imagine a scenario where Manafort, Flynn and possibly even Jared, who attended the meeting with Don, Jr. have to face trial with a co-conspirator having confessed to the crime (by virtue of having accepted a pardon, and feeling only ill will towards the other Trumps.

      Greg:

      By process of elimination, I gotta be the one who would be offended by vulgarity. Because I'm expected to say things, "tongue in cheek", I plead guilty to that one.

      Delete
    3. My evil mind is longing for the scenario. And, I’ll drink to that!

      Delete